Energy Efficiency · DR
POSCO ICT provides a system for optimizing energy consumption by monitoring energy consumption flow in buildings and at industrial sites, analyzing the data, and then proposing an efficient energy use plan to clients in operating their buildings or sites.
By attaching sensors to all pieces of equipment and based on the Factory Energy Management System, which is POSCO ICT’s industrial solution for the efficient use of energy, energy cost can be saved by efficiently operating the facility through the analysis of the entire process including purchase, use, and management of energy and by using automated system control.
- Integrated Monitoring Management
- Energy use monitoring for all facilities within a factory
- Assessment of causes of energy waste through the analysis of facility operation condition and suggestion of optimum operation guide
- Optimization Through The Efficient Use of Facility and Automatic Control
- Minimization of unnecessary operation of equipment by grasping the facility operation in real time and through the preferential use of equipment with better efficiency (air compressor efficiency, heating furnace/electric furnace efficiencies)
- Automatic control of rotating devices, lighting devices, and air conditioning device depending on the situation of production sites (variable speed control, automatic control of idling, O2 concentration control, etc.)
- Stable operation of facility through the energy peak control system
- Energy cost saving by means of real time monitoring of energy use through IoT and response
- Management of energy use goal in agreement with the government regulation policy
- Maximization of facility life cycle by minimizing the unnecessary operation of equipment
Oxygen plant of POSCO Gwangyang Steelworks, POS HIMETAL, Doosan Heavy Industries & Construction, SNNC, etc.
Integrated service including consulting for various buildings such as office, commercial building and hospital, apartment, system design and equipment supply, setup and operation, etc., is provided by applying sophisticated ICT technology and energy efficiency technology to construction.
- Consulting and design : Optimum consulting and design for the creation of energy efficiency based Smart Building
- Creation of Smart & Green Building
- Energy cost saving through the application of renewable energy such as photovoltaic and wind power, etc.
- Creation of Smart Office with cloud printing, flexible seating system, space characterized by business efficiency and creativity, etc.
- Establishment of eco media wall and media facade utilizing environment friendly LED lighting
- Seoul POSCO Center, Songdo POSCO E&C Tower, Pangyo Smart Tower, Beijing POSCO Center
- POSCO Global R&D Center, Seoul M PARK, Anyang Knowledge Center, Korea Polytechnic University, Songdo Green Building, etc.
As a demand response business operator, POSCO ICT calculates the optimum contract capacity by analyzing the characteristics of the customer’s place of business and proposes an optimum demand reduction strategy to ensure that customers can get maximum compensation at the time of actual reduction by the request of Korea Power Exchange. Customers can save on energy cost by reducing power and generate additional profits by participating in the project.
- Diagnosis and consulting : Calculation of optimum capacity reduction after analysis of power load pattern of the customer’s business place
- Risk management : Creation and operation of optimum resource portfolio suitable for the customer’s load pattern and reduction facilities in preparation for the contract amount and penalty
- Management of settled amount : Transparent payment and management of settled amount based on stable financial structure
- Demand Response Management System(DRMS) : Real time provision of electric power use and power reduction amount of customers responding to demand; confirmation of details of settlement depending on the result
- If selected as a demand response business operator, a basic fund is paid each month; incentive is additionally paid when actual reduction is made by the request of Korea Power Exchange.
* Basic fund = Registered capacity X 40,761won/kw (for 2015)
* Incentive = Amount of reduction X Maximum unit price of power generation (150~200 won/kWh)
- Electricity bill and CO2emission saving resulting from energy saving