State of the art technology makes production sites even smarter.
Every situation of a factory is monitored at a glance, and a smart factory that is automatically controlled through information analysis using Big Data without the involvement of workers is created.
- Environment management
- MPS (electric dust collection), Hi Plasma (desulfurization and denitrification)
- Facility management
- prediction of facility failures / extension of facility service life (facility integrity determination)
- Energy management
- Production optimization with respect to efficient energy use / Utilization of FEMS and ESS
- Safety Management
- Management of worker safety using wearable devices
- Virtual Factory
- Simulation on new facility and expansion of existing facility and production condition change
- Production Management
- Establishment of plan + Integrated management of production situation / Unmanned control based on upgraded analysis
- Quality Control
- Prediction of real time quality problems in continuous process and maintenance of the best quality through post process control
- Logistics Management
- Real time logistics tracking / Unmanned crane operation
POSCO ICT’s Smart Factory brand is significant since a future oriented factory offering the most efficient production system by checking the entire production process at a glance is realized, and the manufacturing vision is achieved.
Failures are prevented through the prediction of timing of failures and actions taken accordingly based on site information and facility control information using sensors; the best facility condition is maintained through remote maintenance without resident operators.
Optimized unmanned production is realized by taking into consideration the site situation such as quality, energy, environment, etc., instead of a production method dependent on the experiences of experts.
Information on the factors affecting quality when a product error is found in a continuous process that cannot be stopped is collected and analyzed in real time; thus enabling the estimation of the cause of defect in advance and application of countermeasures to post process for quality improvement.
The entire process from product transport to storage is automated in order to save costs.
A clean environment is created by preventing the discharge of fine dusts and contaminants such as sulfur, nitrogen, etc., which are generated from factories; efficient use of energy is made possible by optimizing the operation of facility through precision analysis of energy use.
Workers approaching dangerous areas are automatically recognized and warned against the danger; in the event of a safety accident, co workers, managers, and operation room employees are notified of the accident to ensure prompt action taking.
When any new equipment is installed or the existing facility is expanded, and the production condition is changed, simulation is conducted in virtual space prior to application to the factory in order to save time and costs.